Monday, December 16, 2013

Merry Christmas! Almost..










Hello!!! How is everyone doing? I am awesome. This ward is awesome.

 Goodness, I love being a missionary. I really do. So the Sister we are teaching currently is really progressing and is planning on being baptized next Sunday! She is amazing and she has such a strong testimony :) her son is coming home for the holidays and is going to be able to baptize her! Hooray! So we have been meeting with her like every other day to get all of the lessons in.

 We are really working on finding new investigators here, so, any return missionaries who by some chance read this letter, send me your finding techniques! I know there are lots of different ways of finding people to teach, I'm just not as creative! Ha Ha

 My new companion was pretty sick this week, which wasn't fun, but she is better now! There is something going around this area. I hope I don't get it! California is beautiful, this area is really pretty except I am not exactly sure where I am. I'm in Newbury Park in (or right next to? Maybe?) Thousand Oaks, CA. But I don't really have a map, we can't see the ocean, and we are surrounded by mountains so I don't know exactly where I am just that I am really close to LA. Not that it really matters, missionary work is the same :) But besides all of that, nothing else interesting has been going on! Just keep on keeping on.

I know this gospel is true and that it is only through Jesus Christ that we can experience true happiness in this life and the next. I have grown so much closer to my Savior on my mission and I am eternally grateful for his sacrifice for me. I know that our Heavenly Father lives and loves each and every one of us. He cares about us and our trials and wants us to be happy, and that is why he gave us this plan. I hope everyone has a really great week! :) I'll be praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment